To Defend Papua New Guinea and its National Interest.
To have a young, professional and cost effective Defence Force that is responsive to Government security policies and able to operate with neighbouring security forces to promote regional stability and national security.
Defence recognises that in order to maintain the professionalism, teamwork, traditions and customs of the organization, leaders at all levels must enforce values which:
- Upholds our culture of loyalty to God, Queen, Country and respect for the democratic institutions of Papua New Guinea;
- Promotes military discipline through the enforcement of the Code of Military Conduct and Customs of the Service;
- Values the welfare of our troops while promoting high ethical standards and principle centered leadership throughout the Defence Organisation;
- Promotes teamwork, equality, unity and sense of belonging across the Defence organisation without fear or favour;
- Respects Papua New Guinea’s cultural heritage and values while promoting the development of a clever Force that can execute its business in a diligent, accountable and professional manner; and
- Develops, promotes and provides quality management systems that deliver budgeted financial performance across current and future Defence capabilities.